Monday, February 14, 2011

iGoogle



In the last class I had in EDT 615 last Monday, I learned an amazing feature on Google, which I set up as my homepage. iGoogle has a lot of new and great tools and accessories to organized your homepage. It’s not necessary to have a Google account to use this feature. However if you have a Google account, the advantages are never ending. In iGoogle one will have everything s/he wants in one place. I have been using Google for a long time for just searching, after last class I use it for more than that.  With iGoogle I still have the standard search bar displayed, but also I can now with iGoogle personalize this page to display all the other items I find it necessary or use daily. For example, with the entire active political situation in the Middle East these days I chose a couple of news TV to watch all the Arab news and be updated whenever I open my home page. In addition, iGoogle is not just limited to the obvious desktop accessories. I can also add fun stuff, like chess to play in my free time. iGoogle allows me to display, in whatever order I want, all the features I would like to have on my homepage. This is everything from the weather in my area, time in Saudi Arabia, to Islamic calendar. Now I can watch news and read it, I can also check my Gmail in the same time in one page. Overall, I like iGoogle and I think everyone should use it to organize their homepage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment