Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Social Bookmarking & Social Website


Social Bookmarking and Social Website are very powerful and popular sites. I think using these sites for educational purposes is an opportunity for teachers and instructors to make their classes more interesting and organized.

First, Bookmarking services are websites that allow users save, organize, publish and share links to a variety of Internet resources for example, web pages, web sites, blog posts, articles, music, and video, etc. In addition, professors, teachers and instructors can use social bookmarking websites to see what information other teachers use in the studying process and learn from others experience. It is very easy to find relevant bookmarks as most of them are tagged with keywords and have description. I think social bookmarking is an amazing tool. I started to use bookmarking last semester. I use Diigo to save and organize my work especially with all the online work and searching I have so I don’t have to carry my laptop all the time or do the old way that I send it to my email through my email! Since Diigo is saving my work online in the cloud.

Second, Social Website, I have been using social website for a long time. In 2006 I set up a Facebook account. I can’t found many ways that we can use social websites for educational purposes except that teacher can open an account for her/his class subject so students will get the opportunity to communicate with their classmate, discuses topics, and share articles and videos. I think it will be helpful and fun especially that students will use a site that is familiar for them.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment