Monday, April 11, 2011

Google Docs & Google Calendar




The features of Google are endless; every time I discover new features on google I love it more. On last Monday I learned new wonderful tools on Google, which are Google Docs and Google calendar.

Google Docs

Google Docs is a free, Web-based word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, form, and data storage service. For Google Docs I can export, update and import all my documents, spreadsheets and presentations. It allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating in real-time with other users. The data storage of any files up to 1GB each in size. Google Docs gives me added advantage of accessing my documents from anywhere. 

Google Docs have many uses in education. I remember I used it as students in EDT 610 class for collaborative work with my classmates and it was great and easy. Now I’m using it with my partner in WebQuest project so we can put all the work in google docs then we can add or change it.


Google Calendar
I have a really bad memory; my friends always call me the fish based on the theory that fish have bad memories. I always carry my calendar with me. After learning about Google calendar I will not carry mine anymore. It easier and faster and more organized and the most important clean. I prefer to use month view as my default view in calendar so I see events in context of a whole month. One can change the color and also share it with others. The great thing about Google features that you can learn more and watch videos about it online, you will find all the answers that you need and that what I exactly did.

No comments:

Post a Comment